"My friend, Jørgen, doesn't believe I can collect one million giraffes by 2011. I'm gonna prove him wrong, but I need your help. "
Thus was born the 'one million giraffes' project/website. All you have to do is draw/sculpt/construct a giraffe and send a pic of it to the website. http://www.onemilliongiraffes.com/
I fully intend to participate in this (and include several girraffes in the one image) but not for a while... right now i need to clean my house so that I can start packing. Since my housework is never-ending, I'm not sure when the packing will begin!!!
And lastly, a little vent....
Yumi from 'the circle' (http://ten.com.au/the-circle.htm), you are an idiot!!! They were talking about seatbelts on the show and Yumi said she doesn't wear her seatbelt and gets annoyed that the car beeps at her to put it on and that she tells her kids it means the car is about to explode. Now, scaring your kids like that is bad enough but my ex's mum was in a car accident and ended up paralysed from the neck down. She spent the rest of her life unable to hug her kids. Unable to do a lot of other things too (dance, swim, walk in the rain, feed herself, cough properly etc) but gee, if I could never hug my kids, wipe away their tears, stroke their hair... I think I'd die inside and I know they'd be much worse off. Wearing a seatbelt is such a simple thing to do to avoid such a horrible situation for yourself and your family. And a smug grin from Yumi as she complains about how annoying it is... well that's just a big, ugly slap in the face to people affected my quadra/paraplegia. Shame on you, Yumi, shame on you!!
No comments:
Post a Comment