Today was a bit of an unexciting Australia Day. Luckily the girls are too little to realise what they were actually missing out on!!
Matt was tied up with work stuff til mid-afternoon and I spent the day making 66m of double-fold bias binding and eating the last of the candy canes. Yes, 66. Sixty-six. Six...ty...si...x. Nope, it's still not seeming real to me. I'm only 1.5m tall. Heck, I think I could bind the edges of my entire driveway with 66m of bias binding! My fingertips are smooth from being lightly burned by66m of hot fabric sliding through under the iron.
We still managed to have *some* fun though. Bella and I put on an impromptu concert for Ashley when she woke up from her nap. It featured all the classics like "twinkle, twinkle", "ABCD..." and "tie me kangaroo down". The last one was a solo by Bella- she thinks Rolf Harris lives next door to playgroup! He actually went to school 200m away from playgroup but either way he has a new fan in Bella. She's probably going to explode with excitement when I point out the autographed wobble board at the library!!
And I made sure we all ate well! Big brekkies (cereal for Bella, toast for Ashley), fruit salad for all three of us for lunch (plus toasted cheese+bean sandwich for Bella and I and a baby-yoghurt for Ashley) and then Matt and I had sushi for dinner (mmm, wasabi!!), Bella had chicken rice and Ashley had frozen lamb mince, tomato and pasta. It's the only area in which I wasn't a total fail-parent today!
Ah, love it when the marks line up!
Cut, cut, cut, cut...
... 'til there's a giant strip of fabric on the floor. Then...
... iron, iron, iron.
This is after about 20m had been ironed.
And this is what my livingroom looks like after I more-or-less ignore my kids for a day!!
I also started washing and re-folding my fabric stash today. i have so much and need to use a heap of it up.
As you can see in this pic from November, I have a lot of fabric.The bottom three shelves (apart from the wool at bottom-left) are fabric and are stacked two-deep. I changed this around a bit now and my sewing machines and overlocker live on top of the cupboard now, as does my Work-in-progress box. But I need to use up more fabric, get on top of my mental "I'm gunna..." list. And having the fabric washed and ready to go is the first step. I used to always do it as soon as I brought the fabric home but then I got slack.
I've collected some great links on fabric organi(s/z)ation over the last couple of months
But of course, anything I can do, VanillaJoy can do better, lol, so here's a link to her post last week where she shares her favourite links on fabric organisation.
No comments:
Post a Comment