Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Three quick Christmas Ideas

I know I've been a little bit absent lately. This not-having-internet thing is really counter-productive to blogging and website-updating. Plus the girls and I were sick last week which was just horrible!

I logged on today to see that it has been so long that a bunch of scheduled but unfinished posts (some of them just pictures) had posted.

Oops, my bad. 

I thought I'd better post something proper even if it's not as detailed or up to scratch as I'd like. It's better than posting empty posts and random pictures, haha!

These were last year's gifts for the daycare teachers (they got one of these each).

Bella painted the giftbags herself, which I got from my sister-in-law's shop, Piece of Cake Parties. and we filled them with homemade cookies, Christmas lollybags, lipbalm and those little cheapy-but-neato soap petals from Coles.



This year we'll be making 'cupcakes' (out of a flannel, baking wrapper, soap and chocs) for the daycare ladies and teacher assistants. The main Kindy teacher and main Baby's Room leader will get a special extra present too.

But here's another cute idea that I used to do with my Brownie Guide Unit (especially for Easter). Layer some cardboard and some clear plastic tablecloth (available by the metre from the curtain dept of Spotlight, Textile Traders etc) and cut out an appropriate shape (egg for easter, etc). Punch holes all the way around the outside. You can have your child decorate the 'back' or the 'front' of the cardboard... drawing, stickers, etc. Use wool, ribbon, etc to lace around the shape and just before you get to the end, pop in a few treats and finish lacing. Hang from the tree or mantlepiece if you wish. Pop in some choccies and leave hung on the front door for Santa. Tie in a bow and hand out to the kids at school/playgroup.



Ok next up, a little craft that *I* did when *I* was a Brownie Guide (at least eleventy billion years ago)


Take one pipecleaner and one length of eyelet lace at least twice as long. Thread the pipecleaner through the eyelet lace, twist at the top and...


taaa daaa...  a mini Christmas wreath. You could also lace pony beads (those chunky plastic beads) as 'baubles'. I think this would be really cute glued onto some cardboard for a Christmas card! And by pinching the bottom and pushing in the top, you could make a loveheart!

I have some more things to show you... the cupcakes, a christmas wrap organiser, my advent calendar (if i get it finished in time) plus some of my recent custom orders and completed projects.

Dear Santa,
I've been very good this year. I probably deserve at least one and a half ponies. But instead, all I want is more time! More hours in the day. And three day weekends.
(There's an extra nip of brandy in your egg nog in it for you)
Much Love,

Laura xx

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back ;) I love those little wreaths. what a brilliant idea. You always have the goods :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sonia!!

    Glad to be out of the land of the sick-bag and back in Blogland ;o)

    ReplyDelete