As I mentioned in an earlier post, I decided to take up the challenge set by Jen over at Lovely Living and sort out my linen cupboard. We've been in this house just over a year and I have just never found the time or motivation or whatever to set it up. It has been an embarrassment to me and in the last couple of weeks it has gotten worse than ever so the challenge came at the right time. So... this is what I did quickly last night after dinner. I'm embarrassed it took me so long to get around to it since it only took me about 30mins to sort out.
Before
After
Wow.
We don't store a whole lot in the linen cupboard. We keep the towels etc for each bathroom in that bathroom
The girls' bathroom. Towels on the left, bathmats and handtowels on the right. Bottom left is flannels, middle is the rubbish bin, bottom right is Bella's hairdryer, toiletry bag etc.
And we keep Ashley's bedlinen in her bedroom, inside a chest of drawer sin the BIR
So pretty much all that's in the linen cupboard is Bella's bedding, our bedding, guest bedding, guest towels, beach towels, spare handtowels from the laundry, tablecloths (we keep the placemats and table runners in Kasset boxes in an Expedit unit near the dining table), hot water bottles and an electric blanket.
As you can see, the rest of the house is generally pretty neat and organised so the linen cupboard was pretty out of character for me. Especially since I still insist on towels being folded a certain way (folded in quarters along the long edge, then folded in thirds the other way)
Now that I've started, I'm inspired to keep going. I'd love to have some of the shelf dividers like in this pic from the Martha Stewart website:
And I love the idea of storing the linen in baskets. I've used an Ikea box for spare pillowcases in the linen cupboard and flannels in the girls bathroom but I think something like these beautiful reversible fabric baskets from The Owl and The Elephant would be much nicer! They also do larger baskets which I think would be great with a complete set of guest linens (sheets, pillowcases, towels, flannels)
How gorgeous are they??!!





Thank you for featuring us Laura! Loving the towels in the bathroom cupboard idea, going to get onto that one! Love a tidy cupboard...that could just be because I am pregnant?
ReplyDeleteYou're welcome.
ReplyDeleteIn our bathroom it's just laziness that makes me like storing towels in there (linen cupboard is at the other end of the house) but in the girls bathroom it's really practical- i don't have to leave the room to get another flannel or a fresh towel!