I have to admit, the week didn't improve much after my last post.
I actually got poisoned by the fumes on Thursday and started throwing up. The room got quarantined and I got sent home. The next day at 11am the fumes returned and my office was quarantined again. I was actually really busy out of the office anyway so I didn't return until mid afternoon at which point it was all okay.
Our whole household got 24hr gastro Friday night. And Sunday night. I found a big black spider and web in the leggings I was going to wear to work on Friday. And in the washing machine. And in a blanket on the clothes airer. My sister got in a bit of a spat with my Mum and Dad and cancelled my family's Christmas this year. I broke my work shoes. Found out that between the Misters broken thumb and Bella's tests we're up for around $500 in medical expenses this week.
So Monday I bought a 2 litre bottle of disinfectant and disinfected my whole house... floors, cot, change table, toilets, bathrooms, kitchen benches, light switches, powerpoint switches, taps, door handles and cupboard handles, remote controls, tv buttons, replaced Ashley's bottles and our toothbrushes. We *will* be gastro-free (until the girls bring it home from school/daycare again).
But it's funny (if you have a weird sense of humour, lol) because I actually have a post in my drafts about knowing your limits and not overwhelming yourself. So I have to take my own advice and just take it easy for a week, I think. Or maybe longer. The Mister will likely be unable to use his right hand for about two months so instead of doing about 60% of the household tasks, I'll be doing about 95%. He can't even open the jar of vegemite to make the girls' breakfast!
A lot of the things I had planned... the crafts, the blog posts, the family trips, parties... will probably be on hold. I've decided to skip the Christmas baking given that we've had gastro three times in three weeks. And if I have any spare time after working fulltime and running a household, I'll spend it relaxing instead of loading myself up with a mile long "to do" list like I normally do. So things might be a bit quiet on this blog for a few weeks. I'll still be around though and I hope to be back to normal in the new year. I might just have to do a few pinterest-y posts, haha, and link to other ideas and get some guest posts happening until I can get on top of everything else at home.
I just have to be kind to myself for a few days! Be kind to yourself too!
Laura xx
Gee that office is really doing some terrible things!! take care and look forward to reading about some happy things that have come your way:)
ReplyDelete