Subway art is from Eighteen25, frame from BigW, tiara from the dress up box, glass of wine from Evans & Tate ;o)
Like the rest of the blogosphere, I am reflecting on 2011 and looking ahead to 2012 and what I want to achieve.
In 2011 I turned 30 and in preparation did a 30-by-30 challenge. Although I didn't tick everything off my list (the point was to embrace life, not to run myself ragged!) I achieved a lot and the whole exercise definitely changed my perspective on things. If I hadn't taken part in it, I wouldn't have started my business, (re)started my blog, held market stalls, had some amazing business experiences, written for blogs, websites, magazines and a book. I wouldn't have been emailed by Becky Higgins and Sherry Petersik (from Young House Love). I wouldn't have tried a bunch of crazy foods (truffles, dragon fruit and others). And I wouldn't be still planning new experiences now, because even though the deadline has passed, I'm still eager to try new things, to pack experiences into my time on this planet.
In 2012, I will be more focused. I want to blog a lot more about the topics that people ask me about.... how do I juggle a family, a household, a relationship, a fulltime job, a small business and still find time for myself? What advice do I have for people wanting to start out with their own small business? Market stall tips and hints. Easy sewing and craft projects from my decade+ of being a Girl Guide Leader.
I have a lot more challenges ahead of me this year, particularly in the second half of the year but I'll blog about those as the time comes. I have a better idea of what my small business workload is and how much time I need to devote to behind the scenes, how much to making stock and how much to custom orders.
I also want to share much more- what I'm working on, recipes and tutorials, what is making me smile And less of the meme-type guff.
I hope you'll be joining me for the ride (click the follow button on the right or bookmark me!)
Laura xx
No comments:
Post a Comment