Friday, January 6, 2012

How does she do it?

So as I have mentioned previously, this year I want to focus a little more on answering the questions I get asked constantly- how I juggle everything on my plate. And I want to continue to feature other people doing ‘the juggle’ and their tips and inspiration.

But before I write any more posts on these topics, I feel like I need a disclaimer.

I am not perfect. You are not perfect. That is the beauty of humanity.

My house isn’t always spotless. In fact it’s never all spotless at once. One room can look great but another will be a bombsite. It’s always pretty sanitary but it’s not perfect.

See example below:


And that was a pretty good day ;o)

And we don't eat a saintly diet. I think we do pretty well in that regard, we've gotten quite good at meal-planning and because I'm vegetarian we eat a lot of vegetables. But my kids know what those golden arches mean, don't worry. 

I'm not going to pretend to be something that I'm not. Frankly, I don't have the time to 'style' shots etc. However, I'm not necessarily going to share every wart of my life, I have to consider the privacy and dignity of my family. And again, my time. 

I don’t have all the answers.

I don’t have it right all the time. I’m not telling you what to do or claiming to be better than anyone else. But I have learned a few things over the last few months. And we can all learn from each other.

We are all different.    

We all have our strengths and weaknesses, our likes and dislikes. They will influence the success we have in various areas of our lives. The things where you enjoy the journey as much as the destination are what you will find easiest.For example, I enjoy the process of cooking, I find it relaxing and I also enjoy actually cleaning, not just the outcome of having a clean house. However I am hopeless at tidying up after myself as I go. Don't compare yourself to others because what is a struggle to you may come naturally to them. Don't measure your success by what others have achieved, measure it by what you have achieved in your home/life... a home that is clean, functional and happy. 

With all that said, I hope we can all share our tips and advice and make our busy lives a little easier for each other. 

Laura xx

1 comment:

  1. Brilliant post xx I'll check under my lounge if you check under yours for my missing backs to remotes :)

    ReplyDelete