Saturday, January 21, 2012

Double up

or... 

how to get two images on one 4"x6" print

After this post, I got an email asking me how I managed to get two pictures on the one photo, whether it was done with a photo editing program. 


I *do* have and use two different photo editing programs at home to combine photos (they're great for making Christmas cards and party invites) and I'll write a post about those another time but in this instance I just did it on the photo machine at Big W.

There are a lot of images so I'll keep them as small images. 
You can click on any image to make it larger.

Ok well, starting from the image above.... touch the screen to start. 

You'll be asked to choose what you want to do... select "packages./Photo ID" on the top right

Then you choose what kind of layout you want. The selected layout is bordered with a yellow line. Choose the "2 up" layout on top left for 2 pics per photo. Note this is 15c per print instead of 10c

You'll be prompted to insert your memory card. it doesn't go all the way in, just til the blue light lights up.

It will read your card and ask which pics you want to upload (i always select all)

Here's a view of the layout you'll be working with. Your pics will be along a banner at the top. If a pic has already been used, it will have a yellow border.If it is currently selected, it will have a red border. If it hasn't been used yet, it will have no border. 

Touch the picture that you want to add to the photo and...

...drag it to the photo. It will fill up both available image spots. Click "accept" at the bottom right of the screen


 Select the next picture and drag over the top of one of the images 

Like so. Then select "Add New Page" (top left) to move onto the next photo.


At any point you can edit the photos (remove red eye, brighten the pic etc) using the "edit page" button at the bottom left. The above image shows the options you'll have. You'll need to highlight each photo (it will have a green border) individually and edit each individually. 

Basically, it's a process of 
drag-accept-drag-newpage (repeat until dizzy)

When you're finished, click the "preview/edit" button on the bottom right, choose matte or gloss, border or no border etc and confirm your order. 

Print out the receipts and take them to the photo counter to pay. 

I hope that was clear enough. I know I said "click" a lot and it's actually a touch screen. I'm not very tech-savvy, okay? ;o) But i hope that helps some of you out.

Laura xx

No comments:

Post a Comment